Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 23: The first dozen!

After climbing Ben More, John and Skye returned to Oban for a well deserved rest day in a small hotel on George Street. The lady at the service laundrette put on a very brave face when John brought in his walking clothes for a wash! The bath at the hotel took care of John and then off John and Skye went to climb the next 11 Munros, before arriving in Arrochar for the next rest day. For the first time this trip John has had some proper rain, reminding him what a great challenge it will be to climb all these Munros and to keep going regardless of the weather.

(Posted by Corrie B)

2 comments:

theMorris's said...

Dear Skye and John

we have just received our newsletter from Second Chances and our sponsorship form to raise funds, Sasha and Beth are very jelous of skye and tried barking us into joining you but our excuse is that Ben our 15wk old baby just could not manage it !!! ( thats my excuse and I am sticking to it ) . Well I will be going around everyone I know with the sponsorship form. I would like to wish you and John all the best
and thank you
Love
Nicola, Nigel ,Ben
Sasha and Beth

Nigel said...

Hello John. I'm Nigel who you met at the top of Beinn Dubhcraig on Wednesday, 21 June. I had a fantastic week climbing the Munros around the Bridge of Orchy area. I am now back at home in York and looking forward to my next trip to the Highlands. You and skye look to have madegood progress around the Crialarich area.
I spoke to a friend who had also done the Aonach Eagach ridge and he confirmed my thoughts that it is a definate no for Skye.
I wish you good weather and midge free days for the rest of your great Highland odyssey.
Nigel

P.S. I'm just getting hang of this blog and I have posted the same commet at the bottom.